Sunday 11 September 2016

Trip to Taichung & Nantou ~ 2011

Hey guys,

Since now I am located in Taiwan, I think I have to enjoy my stay here and take a look around the country. Though it is not a big country, but then I already fell in love with this country. I am fascinated in the language, I like the people, love the night markets and of course the street foods, cosmetics, clothing!

It was Qing Ming Jie (清明節) when my friends and I went for a trip to Tai Zhong and Nan Tou. It took us 4 hours to get to Nan Tou from Taipei. We rented a car and the driver. Fortunately Taiwan's traffic is not bad, at all! We enjoyed the traffic by continuing our beauty sleep in the car.

When we arrived there, apparently Nan Tou was on a mountain. The cool weather welcomed us and we walked around a tourist spot called Qing Jing Farm/ 清境農場 (Qing Jing Farm Link). The entrance ticket was NT $120, as far as I remember. We bought milky ice cream and enjoyed the relaxing view of the mountain. There are several kinds of ice cream, there are cow milk and lamb milk. Outside the exit, there is a food court. The price range is quite standard, from NT $80s to NT$ 100s.





The sheep at Qing Jing Farm

The cute baby horse and me
After visiting the dairy farm, we continued our trip to the beautiful Sun Moon Lake. We enjoyed the view of the lake from a cable car. We bought entrance tickets for both the cable car and the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village/ 九族文化村 (link to the web) at NT$550. It was a fair price for such place, because I think the theme park and the Sun Moon Lake view were incredibly beautiful! There were not a huge crowd nor a long que for the rides. The place was very clean and well maintained. Here are the pictures I took there.
With the beautiful Sun Moon Lake as my background 
The cable car we took from the Aboriginal Village theme park
One of the rides in the theme park
The giant roller coaster
Me at the beautiful flower garden
Mediterranean style theme park
Simply speaking, this tourism object is highly recommended for a family or couple trip :)

*this post was written on 2nd June 2011*

No comments:

Post a Comment