Sunday 11 September 2016

Happy Around Taipei ~ Part 2





Hi again!!

I think I'm going to spend this weekend with no friend.. OMG, i'm bored to death!! Not because I have already stepped my foot on every inch of Taipei, but I really am running out of money, so I think it'd be wise of me if I just stay at home tonight. Maybe blogging should be a good idea to kill sometime and later I'll be working on my Chinese lessons. Did I tell you that I'm taking a chinese class here? Well, yeah my main purpose of coming here is actually to learn Chinese language. I have learned Chinese in Jakarta since 10 years ago. But the progress is not very satisfying since I had no one, except my Chinese teacher, to practice with. So I decided to come straight to this place to really focus on improving my Chinese skills in all areas, listening, reading, writing and speaking. Well, I should say that Taipei is an ideal place to realize my plan. People here are very friendly, especially once they know you're a foreigner learning their language, they're really enthusiastic to speak to you.


Anyways, here are more pics around Taipei and of course, yummy local cuisines!! :9
Taipei 101 in cloudy winter

Taipei 101 Office Building & Shopping Mall
This is Taipei 101, the tallest building in taipei and the second tallest in the world, i guess? It's located in a business area, something like Jl. Thamrin in jakarta? This area is surrounded by high class shopping malls and office buildings and banks. Inside Taipei 101 is also a shopping mall, besides the shopping mall, there are also office, restaurants and tourist spot. I went inside the shopping mall and also went around the outer building. Too bad I didn't go to the top of the building, but people say that going to the penthouse should better be done at night, so you can see the beauty of the city lights. I think there is some kinda fancy restaurant up there, so you can have dinner while enjoying the night view. 

Some Companies at Taipei 101 (Where's J&J?)
The famous Taiwan Beer
The beautiful ornaments on the pavement side

These are how the outer area of Taipei 101 look like. The pedestrian walk area is huge! Unlike when I walked around the malls in Jakarta, I don't really bother to buy anything in the malls here. Simply because the stuff in the night markets look more tempting than those in the malls, at least that's what I think at the moment.. Besides, I still think that malls in Jakarta have more exciting entertainment and better interior design. Jakarta's shopping malls are the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment