Wednesday 14 September 2016

My Travel Story : Eurotrip (2) ~ Journey to the West


September 5, 2015


Showtime!
I flew with Turkish Airlines from Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Airport to Istanbul, Turkey with an airbus. My flying experience with them was quite pleasant. Although the space for your legs was a bit cramped, but the in-flight entertainment was pretty good. They have the movie list updated and the foods were also tasty :) The Turkish delight was my favorite of all!

*Photo from Planespotters.net
During 12 hours flight, they served 2 sets of meal with wine upon request. They also provided each passenger with a travel set consists of : slippers, blindfold, socks, lip balm, and dental kit.

After flying for 12 hours, I arrived in Istanbul Ataturk Airport. The airport was crowded and huge. There's no potable water around, so I had to buy a bottle of mineral water for 3 Lyra or 1 Euro. Just like any other international airport, there were quite a few shops inside that sell branded stuff. I was waiting for my connecting flight to Madrid for 3 hours in Ataturk. So there's enough time for me to wash my face, brush my teeth and change clothes.

My connecting flight from Istanbul to Madrid was a Boeing aircraft, so it was smaller than the airbus. After flying for 4 hours, we finally arrived at Madrid Barajas International Aiport. Here's some photos I took on the airplane. I think the land below me was Greece, as pointed on the monitor :)



Special tips for long-haul flight:
1. Unless you think you need it desperately, you don't need to carry a neck pillow since the aircraft will provide you with a small pillow. Saves you some space on your carry-on.
2. You may bring your own headset/earphone to connect with the in-flight entertainment, since the earphone provided can be a bit uncomfortable if worn for long hours.
3. Avoid wearing denim trousers, especially if they're thick and non-stretched. Wear leggings/jeggings instead.
4. Bring a comfy light jacket or cardigan. It's also a good idea to bring a light pashmina.
5. Bring facial cleansing wipes or micellar water (travel size) with cotton pads. Also with face moisturiser and simple makeup kit (compact powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow).
6. A comb/mini hair brush and hair ties/clips.
7. Your own dental kit: tooth brush, tooth paste, Listerine mouthwash travel size.

Bon voyage!

Cheers,
~Dolliechic~

No comments:

Post a Comment