Sunday 11 September 2016

Happy Around Taipei ~ Part 1



Hi again :)
In this post, I'm going to share some pictures around the city with a bit detail about the places. I've been taking trips around the city by trains and buses. I have been to nite markets, malls in the downtown area and tried some local food. I must say that I love most things here, from the transportations, food, markets, especially the variety of clothing and cosmetic brand here. Awwww they're all driving me crazyy!! But here is the good news: you can find PLENTY of good Japanese and Korean cosmetic brands here with cheap prices!! Unlike in Jakarta, you can buy Etude, Skin Food, and The Face Shop here in the night markets (yeayy not in the fancy malls!) with a half or two-thirds price in Jakarta!

What a great news to begin with, now let me give you a glance of Taipei ;)
MRT station in Taipei

Those are the views of an MRT station in Taipei. Some stations (interchange stations) are often crowded and some others are only crowded in certan times. I don't think they could be as crowded as in Singapore and Hongkong though. So, I still think that Taipei is more convenient than those two cities.
Taiwanese youth mostly do not bother to sit on the trains, beacuse there is a rule that gives privilege to old people, pregnant women, kids and disabled people. So it is common to see empty seats in the trains while there are many passengers choose to stand up.

This was the first rice box restaurant I visited in Taipei. It was near the NTU campus. I stopped by to have lunch there. I had fried pork with some other vegetables. I think it cost me around NT 90. You could take soup and drinking water as much as you want in some rice box resto. Some restos don't even provide drinking water. It's a bit weird actually, but my friend said that the Taiwanese take soup as similar to drinking water.

You can find rice box restaurants all around Taipei, even more at the nite markets and around university area. They provide pork, chicken, fish, seafood and some even have ducks. The set includes rice and vegetables and soup. The price is various from NT 60 to around NT 100.

There are still plenty I want to spill out here, but it's getting late and I need to get some beauty sleep now. LoLz!! Hope you enjoy the pictures and wait for the upcoming articles. Bye for now!! ;)


*this post was originally written on 29th January 2011*

No comments:

Post a Comment