Sunday 11 September 2016

Happy Around Taipei ~ Chinese New Year

Gong xi fa cai, xin nian kuai le!!
恭喜發財﹐新年快樂

This is my first time celebrating Chinese new year in Taiwan, even the very very first time being away from my family. I feel like something is missing, something is incomplete :"(

Anyway, let's not go into it again. I had dinner with my friend's lovely family last night anyway. They've been treating me so nice since the very first time. Then they invited me to their new year's eve dinner. What a superb set of menu they prepared! Here they are ;)



Don't ask me the name of each menu, I only knew that some of them were made of pork, chicken, fish (tuna, I guess?) and beef. The soup has veggies, of course. There were also three kinds of snacks: sunflower seed, peanut and pistachio.

People told me that so many food stalls and restaurants are closed during the Chinese new year. And apparently, indeed they are! *sigh* I was so desperate to find something to eat instead of the frozen food from 7-11. Even so many resto are already closed one day before new year. But today, I tried my luck and went to Ximen Ding, one of some famous shopping areas in Taipei. Actually before going there, my friend already told me that most shops are probably closed today. But I really needed something decent to fulfill my empty stomach and got my head off the laptop. So, I kept on going and look! There was such a big crowd at Ximen Ding Pedestrian area! Yoohoo!! Most of the restaurants and shops were also open and I found this Korean hotpot restaurant.
That is the name of the restaurant, you can easily find it when you exit the MRT exit number 6. It's on your right side. Only around one or two hundred meters away from the exit.
The price range is around NT 160-180 per-set. They only sell plum juice (a Chinese traditional drink) for NT 20/medium sized cup. 
                            
This is the stairway to the second floor, where the diner actually is. The walls are covered with popstar posters.

I was seated and waiting for my meal. Then I turned my head around, wondering when my meal was going to be delivered and how they'd deliver it. Cos the stairway was terribly narrow! Then I found this peculiar thing on the side of the room. i was bewildered and watched this thing while waiting for my meal.
                            
This thing had panel like an elevator
Aha!
                            
Here comes my meal. The set was served with seaweed soup and rice. It consists of beef teriyaki, half-fried egg, kimchi and slices of cucumber. Unlike my previous experience with Korean cuisine, I like this one! The kimchi was also yummy, not as sour nor cold as usual. This set cost me NT 160, a decent price for a full set like this. I won't get to eat something like this everyday anyway. So, for a resto at Ximen Ding area, this is an OK price, I can recommend you this resto if you come to Taipei.
Yumm!!
*this post was originally written on 3rd February 2011*


No comments:

Post a Comment